Tuesday 8 May 2012

Tweetfleetbacklogblackops

O.k please be aware this may be blathering nonsense but I've had a long day not enough alcohol and my wifes cooking steak and kidney pie. So bear with me if my attention wanders..... mmmm pie

So to those of you who are unaware there's this stuff called Twitter which can be used to make short statements to other people tied together with hashtags of binding purpose.

You may love it or hate it, but at the moment it has a possible advantage. CCP have been monitoring twitter using the following hashtag #tweetfleetbacklog

Personally I think this is a great idea. 1 easy tag and a whole collection of player perspectives on needed fixes. Now don't get me wrong the eveonline forums does have a section just for this. But an additional avenue to the hearts of our icelandic overlords (and ladies) can only be a good thing.

Do yourself a favour and make a twitter account ( http://twitter.com ) and take a look, see what you think and post before the metagaming bloc get their claws into it.

Here's some of my personal favourites and good examples:


As a player, I can see galactic north on the tactical overlay to help orient myself in space. 


As a player, I should be able to use EVE Gate effectively from a mobile device.  


As a drone user, I can group EWAR drones with combat drones (i.e. TPs + webs + combats) 


As a player, I can enjoy a slow but steady stream of Little Things improvements to complement the big improvements 

Forgive the horrid formatting. The steak smells getting worse/better.

At any rate. Before all this twittery goodness  overwhelms me quite. It may be worth touching also on the Eve suggestions forum: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=270

Why Twitter and not this you may ask.

I think in this case the answer is something I personally have trouble with. brevity. twitter give you 140 characters. Get right to the point or GTFO. Whereas a forum on the other hand allows you to TL;DR peoples face off with carebear tears. Methinks if I was CCP_Goliath then I'd go for the Tweets every time. Time will tell if it works out for the better. I get a good vibe myself.

Oh and while you're there don't bother adding @Aracimia the guys an idiot.

EDIT: On a side note also check this thread from CCP Soundwave out.

CLICKY!

Again Brevity is probably your watchword here.




1 comment: